Thursday, May 20, 2010

Vegan French Toast!

I know, I've disappeared. Call it frustration, or bad weather or whatever you want but I just didn't feel like blogging. I also was too broke to buy food. But! I am back and ready to go! Tonight I made french toast for dinner. French toast takes me back to my childhood big time, my dad would always make it for me and, most importantly, cut it for me. I shouldn't admit this, but he cut it for me until I went vegan and I can assure you I was way too old for my father to be cutting my food for me. Every time I see french toast on a vegan menu I have to get it, its one of the treats I miss the most. Making vegan french toast at home is a lot easier then you might think though, and I really should do it more often. Here is a great recipe thats simple and easy. 


Vegan French Toast Recipe
You Will Need:
1 cup soy milk
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp cinnamon
*optional - a drop or two of vanilla. if you use vanilla soy milk you don't need it
Bread of your choice- The thicker and crustier works best. Even leaving bread over night tends to work best, makes it more solid.

1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl
2. Coat each side of bread into mixture and onto pan over medium heat

Recipe makes about 5-7 pieces of 
toast

No comments:

Post a Comment