Friday, May 14, 2010

Where Do Eggs Come From?

In my blog searching I was directed to an awesome post at Brooklyn Feed. Melissa discusses the debate if eating eggs raised by your own chickens is humane. She is a brooklyn based chicken farmer who has an excellent set up for her very spoiled chickens. This is a debate I have actually been pondering for a while, concluding that I'd rather just not eat any eggs until I make up my mind. I guess I feel like it is a slippery slope as well. If I make exceptions for one part of my beliefs, it won't be long before I am making mass exceptions and eating pizza, right? Well, maybe it is not that extreme, but I'd rather just not go there.
You can find the blog entry here
She also discusses a new documentary that came out recently. Fowl Play discusses the harsh realities of factory egg farming, and is supposedly extremely disturbing. I really want to see it, even though I assume I will probably cry my way through most of it.
Fowl Play
I made more vegan alfredo for dinner tonight, its so damn good! As mentioned before, I totally feel like I am cheating. Daiya cheese man!

No comments:

Post a Comment