Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today was a lazy day. Went to work, came home and slept. My wonderful acid reflux was acting up and I did what I normally do when I feel sick, attempted to sleep it off. It is a hit or miss method, and today it worked! I woke up craving chocolate chip cookies for some reason. I honestly don't know where I got this recipe from. I printed it out a few years ago, probably from either a website or an email. The recipe is great! Whenever I make chocolate chip cookies I always think back to the cookies in elementary school. They were half baked, white cookies that were perfection. Wednesdays were 50 cent cookie day, by far the most exciting day of the week. I'll never be able to put my finger on what made those cookies so good (probably the sweat of lunch ladies), but these come close. I don't bake them fully. You'll notice in the photo they rise, but then fall because they are not fully baked. It gives them that gooey, soft  consistency we all love so much. I take them out while they are still white, but starting to brown at the edges.

You need:
2 and 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegan margarine
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Egg replacer for 2 eggs (I use ENER-G egg replacer, but really any works)
Semi-sweet chocolate chips to taste (i use about half a bag, depends what you like)

1. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat together margarine, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
3. Add egg replacer one "egg" at a time (this is important! make sure to mix the egg replacer and water together as well before adding it in.)
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture. I do it in thirds.
5. Stir in chips.
6. Drop balls of dough onto a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees.
7. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment