Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Vegan "egg" mcmuffin

This is my new obsession! I made these on a whim and oh man they are tastey! I also took a suggestion from the internet and purchased black salt from an indian market. Black salt? Black salt is an Indian spice that smells and, most importantly, tastes like egg. I put a little of that in this recipe and it blew me away.

You need:
1 block of tofu
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
Spices to taste (I use black salt, turmeric to make it yellow like egg, onion powder and garlic powder)
Vegan Cheese (daiya rules all)
Vegan English Muffins
Vegan Butter

Mix the apple cider vinegar, olive oil and spices in a rimmed cookie pan. Drain the tofu and cut it into slices (either 6 or 8 depending on how thick you want it). Put tofu slices into your mixture, making sure to coat both sides. Back at 450 degrees for 20 minutes, flipping the slices at 10 minutes. Toast and butter both sides of your english muffin. Melt the cheese on your tofu patty, put together the sandwich and enjoy!

Black Salt
I put avocado on mine, but you could also put fake bacon on there. No matter what it will taste awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment